Arwa Soliman is the administrator for the Law Office of Adam Soliman, handling the day-to-day operations of the practice with strong communication skills, prompt service, and a collaborative cross-functional approach to her work. She takes immediate results-oriented action to problem-solve and resolve client issues in a timely manner with courtesy and professionalism.
With a background in immigration and refugee law, Arwa has worked as an immigration consultant, assisting individuals who are applying to immigrate to become citizens and acquire resident visas. Her knowledge base includes family sponsorship, business and skilled worker classes, temporary status, immigration applications, representing clients before refugee and appeal hearings, administrative laws, ethics and professional responsibility, work permit requirements, and refugee protection.
As one of the few Arabic-speaking immigration consultants, Arwa provides advice to people in need in the community and more specifically to refugees with a long-term vision to create a formal refugee advice clinic. Her role as immigration consultant under the mentorship of Adam Soliman eventually led to an opportunity to take on the role administrator, where she learned new procedures and rules that govern accounting procedures and the administration of a law firm. She is also a commissioner for taking oaths in British Columbia.
- Legal Administrative Assistant, Law Office of Adam Soliman in North Vancouver (July 2019 – Present): Responsible for 250 corporate law files. Collaborate in the drafting of necessary documentation for the implementation of corporate reorganizations, planning, restructuring and various commercial transactions. Prepare and key in correspondence as well as legal documents including deeds, wills, and affidavits. Study minutes books and prepare the necessary documentation for their update and for the update of companies with government authorities. Ensure the follow-up of the files as for the signature of the documents and their production, as well as the preparation of the necessary correspondence. Set up and maintain filing systems. Schedule appointments and meetings. Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable, assist with client billing and payments, manage emails, letters, packages, phone calls and other forms of correspondence.
- Office Administrator, Lonsdale Law in Vancouver (October 2018 – July 2019): Managed bookkeeping, budgeting and cash flow as well as accounts receivable and accounts payable, overseeing day to day accounting to ensure Law Society requirements are met. Handled human resources administration including payroll and hiring of staff and associates, assisting with client billing, payments, and reminders. Maintenance of legal management systems, training attorneys and support staff in the use of all office systems, including case management system, filing protocols, and docket/diary procedures. Oversaw and coordinated acquisition and maintenance of legal research and reference materials for office, including hard copy and electronic materials, compliance with Law Society audit requirements.
- Immigration Consultant, Lonsdale Law in Vancouver (June 2018 – October 2018): Assisted counsels in preparing application forms, interviewing clients, opened new client files and performed data-entry for immigration cases. Managed communication with immigration authorities to obtain clients’ records/ notes while performing duties with a high level of confidentiality and discretion. Gathered documents from clients and process applications and • assisted in preparing documents, finding relevant case law and preparing for hearings in immigration court/tribunals. Attended and successfully represented clients before refugee and appeal hearings. Performed other general and administrative duties as required.
- Immigration Consultant, Migration Concerns Inc. in Mississauga, ON (January 2017 – March 2018): Oversaw all aspects of the Visa and Immigration Service ensuring that the process would run smoothly, including meeting with clients and determining eligibility. Attended and successfully represented clients before refugee and appeal hearings. Gathered documents from clients and processed applications, reviewed to ensure that all of the information was accurate and correct for preparation of all legal documents.
- Legal Assistant, Sunny Vincent Law Office in Toronto, ON (May 2015 – January 2017): Conducted research on pertinent laws, regulations, and legal articles, wrote reports to assist lawyers prepare for trials. Acquired hands-on experience in keeping the case information in computer databases and working knowledge of investigating the facts of a case. Drafted legal letters, managed clerical duties pertinent to law office.
- Newcomer Information Specialist, Newcomer Information Centres in Mississauga, ON (February 2009 – April 2015): Recruited and registered newcomers to assist with making a smooth transition into Canada. Conducted needs assessment and referrals, researched, collected, and organized settlement-related information; ensured information was relevant, accurate and up to date. Developed and facilitated group information sessions, conducted community outreach, provided support to the senior team to achieve quality, fiscal and program targets. Remained alert to immigration and newcomer trends and report these to the Newcomer senior team.
- MA in Global Leadership, Royal Roads University, Canada
- The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)